With as much as 60% of your yearly electricity costs going toward heating and cooling your home, it makes sense to look for ways to reduce your usage. With the saveONenergy HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE you can receive up to $650 by installing an ENERGY STAR®-qualified central heating or cooling system. Read about more program benefits.
Tell Me More
The HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE runs to the end of 2014.
Incentives are available for residents and businesses (and businesses with residential-type systems) in Ontario who have purchased and installed eligible replacement central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
- $250 incentive when you have an existing furnace replaced with the purchase and installation of a high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $250 incentive when you have an existing central air conditioner (CAC) replaced with the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR®-qualified CAC system (NOTE: ENERGY STAR®-qualified criteria = minimum 14.5 SEER and 12 EER ).
- $400 incentive when you have an existing CAC replaced with the purchase and installation of a stand-alone CEE "Tier 2" level central air conditioning system (NOTE: "Tier 2" level qualified criteria = minimum 15 SEER and 12.5 EER).
What's My First Step?
To get you started on your way to receiving your HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE, you'll need to find a participating contractor. These trained technicians will help you choose the right energy-efficient system that’s best for your home and meets your specific needs. For full incentive submission details, please review the Eligibility Requirements and 5 easy steps sections below:
General Program Eligibility Requirements
- You must be a resident of Ontario.
- This incentive is for individuals and businesses (with residential-type systems) replacing their central heating or central air conditioning systems (CAC). Unfortunately, residences that do not currently have CAC or central heating systems do not qualify for this incentive.
- All services (including purchase and installation) must be performed by a participating contractorof the HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE program.
While the incentive program continues through to the end of 2014, there are annual deadlines that must be met in order to receive your incentive.
Incentives for installations of eligible equipment completed between Jan 1, 2012 and Dec. 31, 2012.
Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2013 and the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 1, 2013.
Incentives for installations of eligible equipment completed between Jan 1, 2013 and Dec. 31, 2013.
Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2014 and the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 3, 2014.
Incentives for installations of eligible equipment completed between Jan 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2014.
Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2015 and the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 3, 2015.
Follow these 5 easy steps:
- Contact a participating contractor in your area to purchase and have a system installed.
- Once your installation is completed, your contractor will enter your online incentive form and ensure that all equipment serial and model numbers are included. Be sure to provide your email address so you can proceed easily to the next steps.
- An email will be sent asking you to review and approve your incentive details as outlined on your online incentive submission form.
- Send in your proof of purchase (copy of your invoice) and a copy of the online incentive form using one of the following methods:
- email: email@example.com, or
- fax: 1-866-945-6474, or
2011 HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE
P.O. Box 10099
Winona, Ontario L8E 5R1
(note: if you choose to send in via mail, we recommend sending it via registered mail)
- Receive your incentive cheque in the mail within 4 to 8 weeks of the receipt of your proof of purchase (provided the incentive submission is approved).
Make sure you keep a copy of your invoice for your furnace and CAC system in case you need it for repairs which are covered under warranty.
Once your contractor has entered your online incentive form and you have approved its contents, you can use this handy tool to check your incentive status. Enter your unique Incentive ID and Service Address Postal Code and click "Retrieve".
Please contact Ontario Power Authority - Incentive Support with any questions or concerns regarding your incentive claim or call our toll-free number at 1-877-797-9473.
Additional terms and conditions apply. Please see Terms and Conditions for full details. For more information, read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Need help looking for a new central heating or air conditioning system? Our checklist on Buying a Heating or Cooling System can help you get started!
Customer Incentive Lookup
To check your incentive status, click here.
If you are a contractor, register here to participate in this program.
Participating Contractor Login
If you are currently a participating contractor who is registered in the HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE click here to obtain access to the online incentive forms.
Incentive Submission Details
Your Participating HVAC Contractor will fill out your incentive application on-line, however, it is your responsibility to submit your incentive application to the OPA. If you provide your e-mail address, you will receive an e-mail asking you to review the information and confirm that the information set out in the incentive application is correct. If you do not provide your e-mail address, your Participating HVAC Contractor will provide you with a paper copy. You must confirm that the information set out in the incentive application is correct, and you must mail or fax the incentive application to the OPA at the address set out below.
Please verify the incentive application information carefully. You may change only your contact details online at www.saveonenergy.ca. Any other information (including your name) in the incentive application can be changed only by contacting the OPA at 1-877-797-9473 .
Whether your incentive application is submitted on-line or by mail, you must also mail, fax or e-mail in a copy of your proof of purchase (e.g., a copy of the Participating HVAC Contractor’s invoice), which such proof of purchase will show: the Participating HVAC Contractor’s name, the Ontario address at which the Eligible HVAC Measure was installed, the date of installation, your name, the description, model number and serial number (where applicable) of the Eligible HVAC Measure, the AHRI reference number, if applicable, and the full amount actually paid by you for the Eligible HVAC Measure and installation thereof, all of which must be clearly legible to be valid.
If you submit your incentive application by mail, you should submit your proof of purchase in the same envelope.
You should keep the original invoice(s) provided to you by the Participating HVAC Contractor in case you need warranty service. Any documentation submitted to the OPA or its agents will not be returned.