This thermostat does the saving for you
Do you have central air? Sign up for peaksaver PLUS® and we’ll install and set up a FREE $250 programmable thermostat to help you easily manage your home’s temperature. You’ll also be helping to ease the strain on Ontario’s electricity grid.
A tool you can count on to save
- A properly set thermostat can mean using less energy.
- Set it to automatically adjust your home’s temperature at night while you’re asleep or when you’re out so you’re not wasting energy.
- You can even access it online to adjust it while you’re away!
peaksaver PLUS® is right for you if:
- You have a working central air conditioner and live in a single-family home.
- You may also qualify if you have an air-source heat pump.
- You rent your home but have written permission from the homeowner to participate.
Please note: Ground-source heat pumps/geothermal units are NOT eligible for this program. Read full Terms and Conditions.
We'll take care of everything
- Schedule an appointment at your convenience.
- We'll install and set up your thermostat - FREE!
Every degree makes a difference
- Remember, adjusting your thermostat even slightly will count towards reducing your heating and cooling costs year-round.
- In the summer, set your central air conditioner to 25 degrees C when you're away.
- In the winter, set your thermostat to 20 degrees C when you're home and 18 degrees C when sleeping or away.
A small change you can feel good about
peaksaver PLUS® helps ease the strain on Ontario's electricity grid. Here's how it works:
- On hot summer days when electricity demand is highest, peaksaver PLUS® signals your thermostat to slightly reduce your central air conditioner's energy demand so that it safely uses less electricity.
- During such rare occasions your air conditioner's fan will continue to circulate the cool air inside your home, helping you to stay comfortable.
You will never be affected on weekends or statutory holidays
Typically, peaksaver PLUS® is activated:
- From May 1 to September 30
- Only on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., but never for more than four hours.
If you would like to opt out for a specific day, simply call 1-866-380-6051 in advance.
Already enrolled in peaksaver PLUS®?
Manage your thermostat online
Login to access your programmable thermostat
Forgot your ID?
Need help using your thermostat?
- Read our FAQs and tutorials:
- Download user manuals for your model:
- Troubleshooting your thermostat:
- Follow these helpful tips to keep your
thermostat operating smoothly.
Subject to terms and conditions. Funded by the Independent Electricity System Operator and offered by Hydro One Networks Inc.
OMOfficial Mark adopted and used by the Independent Electricity System Operator. Used under license. peaksaver PLUS® is a registered trademark of Toronto Hydro Corporation. Used under license. The Hydro One Networks Inc. logo is owned by Hydro One Inc.