EXCEPTIONS TO THE SERVICE GUARANTEES (the "Guarantees")
The Guarantees do not apply in situations that are beyond our control or where there occurs a force majeure event, such as and without limitation, in the following situations:
- Weather or other Acts of God
- The level of weather that affects Hydro One service will be determined in accordance with established guidelines for events not considered normal in the day-to-day context of our business
- Labour or supplier disputes
- Inability to access the customer's facilities
- Acts or defaults by the customer
- Unanticipated failures of normal equipment and systems used in day-to-day business operations
- Safety reasons
- Legal reasons
Business days as defined in the guarantees applies to non-weekend and non-holiday periods and extends to the end of the next full business day.
Although we cannot offer guarantees in these situations, we will always make every effort to give the best possible service.
If you have more than one account with us, we will apply the credit to only one account. We reserve the right to amend the Guarantees (including these Exceptions) at any time. In the case of any conflict or inconsistency between The Commitments, including the Guarantees, and our Conditions of Service (which are available at http://www.hydroone.com/OurCommitment/Documents/COS.pdf)
the Conditions of Service will prevail. In all other cases, you have the confidence of your Guarantees. Any credits made under the Guarantees for failure to meet the high standards that we have stated are made without any admission of liability on the part of Hydro One. The total credits that you may receive in any one financial year, for all Guarantees, will not exceed $250.