peaksaver PLUS™ is a residential demand response program funded by the Ontario Power Authority (OPA) to ease critical strain on the electricity system in Ontario during hot summer weekdays.
Why should I enroll in the peaksaver PLUS™ program?
- Get a FREE, professionally installed programmable thermostat valued at $250.
- Save on your heating and cooling energy consumption year-round.
- Enjoy the convenience of managing your home temperature from anywhere.
- Preserve energy for Ontario’s future generations.
It's a Win-Win: Save Time, Save Energy!
How does the peaksaver PLUS™ program work?
Once you enroll in the peaksaver PLUS™ program, a new programmable thermostat will be installed at your residence. On hot summer days when electricity usage in Ontario peaks, peaksaver PLUS™ signals the thermostat to slightly reduce your central air conditioner so that it safely uses less electricity, During such rare occasions your, AC’s fan will continue to circulate the cool air inside your home, helping you to stay comfortable.
How often does the peaksaver PLUS™ program get activated?
- Only on weekdays (Monday through Friday) from May 1 to September 30, and never on holidays.
- Typically between 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. for a maximum of four hours.
- Not more than 10 activations during the summer (average number of activations per year is 2 to 4).
- You have the right to opt out in advance of a specified date by calling 1‑866‑380-6051.
Who is eligible to participate in the peaksaver PLUS™ program?
- Have a central air conditioning unit that works.
- Live in a single family dwelling (home or townhouse).
- Be the homeowner or have the homeowner’s written permission to participate.
Please note that heat pumps are not eligible for the peaksaver PLUS™ program.
How can I join the peaksaver PLUS™ program?
Click here to register online, or call 1-866-380-6051.
peaksaver PLUS™ is a trademark of Toronto Hydro Corporation, used under license.