This thermostat does the saving for you
Do you have central air? Sign up for peaksaver PLUS® and we’ll install and set up a FREE $250
programmable thermostat to help you easily manage your home’s temperature. You’ll also be
helping to ease the strain on Ontario’s electricity grid.
BONUS: Sign up today and earn 100 AIR MILES®† reward miles!
®†TM† Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. and Ontario Power Authority.
A tool you can count on to save
• A properly set thermostat can mean using less energy.
• Set it to automatically adjust your home’s temperature at night while
you’re asleep or when you’re out so you’re not wasting energy.
• You can even access it online to adjust it while you’re away!
peaksaver PLUS® is right for you if:
Please note: Ground-source heat pumps/geothermal
- You have a working central air conditioner and
live in a single-family home.
- You may also qualify if you have an air-source
- You rent your home but have written permission
from the homeowner to participate.
units are NOT eligible for this program. Read full Terms
We'll take care of everything
- Schedule an appointment at your convenience.
- We'll install and set up your thermostat
Every degree makes a difference
- Remember, adjusting your thermostat even
slightly will count towards reducing your heating
and cooling costs year-round.
- In the summer, set your central air conditioner to 25 degrees C when you're away.
- In the winter, set your thermostat to 20 degrees C when you're home and 18^ C when sleeping or away.
A small change you can feel good about
peaksaver PLUS® helps ease the strain on
Ontario's electricity grid. Here's how it works:
- On hot summer days when electricity demand is highest, peaksaver PLUS® signals your thermostat to slightly reduce your central air conditioner's energy demand so that it safely uses less electricity.
- During such rare occasions your air
conditioner's fan will continue to circulate the cool air inside your home, helping you to stay comfortable.
You will never be affected on weekends or statutory holidays
Typically, peaksaver PLUS® is activated:
• From May 1 to September 30
• Only on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
• Between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., but never for more than
If you would like to opt out for a specific day, simply
call 1-866-380-6051 in advance.
Already enrolled in peaksaver PLUS®?