Who can take advantage of this technology?
Mainly Large Commercial and Industrial customers - call us to see if your business qualifies at
1 (866) 650-4709.
How do I get started on submitting a PSU project application for my CHP program?
1. Work with your Conservation Account Manager (CAM) to submit your application.
2. If you do not have a CAM, call us at
1 (866) 650-4709 and we will assign one to your business and/or assist you with your application.
What is the process for submitting a PSU project application?
1. As soon as you (or your CAM) have your completed application and supporting documents, submit it to Hydro One. We will then review and submit your application and supporting documents to the IESO-TR.
2. Once the IESO-TR has reviewed and confirmed that your application is complete, then the project application review plan will be issued.
Note: please be advised that by applying for a project incentive it does not guarantee your business will receive it. The incentive is only guaranteed once the Project Incentive contract is signed between your business and Hydro One.
What includes a completed application?
You will need a completed application form, and supporting documents. Examples of supporting documents include, but are not limited to, a complete feasibility study or analysis that meets the PSU program rules.
What are key dates I need to know?
In order to meet the
July 1, 2018 application deadline, Hydro One strongly suggests the following timeline for eligible CHP applications:
- Complete Project Incentive (PI) applications should be submitted by
May 1, 2018. This will give you and/or your consultant enough time to revise the application package if IESO-TR does not deem the application complete.
- Complete Small Capital Project (SCP) applications should be submitted by
June 1, 2018. This will give you and/or your consultant enough time to revise the analysis if IESO-TR does not deem the application complete.
Can I apply for this program if my CHP is islanded from the distribution grid?
Currently, behind-the-meter generation systems that are operating either in-parallel or islanded from the distribution grid may apply for the PSU incentive as long as they meet other program requirements. Please identify your CHP connection (on or off the grid) as there are different processes depending on your situation.
Do I need to sign a Connection Cost Agreement (CCA)?
In case of generation systems that are operating in-parallel with the distribution grid (i.e., either the generator or the load could be connected to the grid), a Connection Cost Agreement (CCA) between you and Hydro One needs to be signed before your PSU Incentive contract is finalized.