Sign In

We want you to be able to access myAccount. However, the new, easy-to-use features in myAccount require you to enable cookies. Here are some shortcuts to help you with this:

Help for Chrome users. Help for Firefox users. For Internet Explorer users. For Safari users.

Once you have enabled cookies for this website, please refresh by clicking here.

Hydro One continues to work with regional authorities in areas affected by flooding to help ensure the safety of customers, emergency responders and our employees. As water levels slowly begin to drop and it is safer for customers to return to their homes, we want to advise customers that we are ready to begin the process of reconnecting electricity.
What to do in preparation for reconnection

In order to have electricity safely reconnected, customers in flood affected areas should:

  • Hire a licensed electrical contractor to assess and repair any water damage to your home’s electrical systems. The licensed electrical contractor will then file a permit with the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) who will determine if it is safe to have Hydro One restore power. Customers do not need to contact Hydro One directly for this step.

  • Ask their contractor for a copy of the ESA Certificate of Inspection for record keeping and insurance purposes. 

Hydro One is waiving all connection fees along with delivery fees for the disconnection period to help customers during this difficult  time. In addition, we continue to cancel planned outages in regions where customers are affected by flooding.

We urge customers in areas where there is still a risk of flooding, to call 1-800-434-1235 if water starts to reach your electrical outlets, baseboard heaters or furnace. A crew will be immediately dispatched to safely disconnect power to their home.

What to do if your home is flooded? 

If water rises above your electrical outlets, baseboard heaters or furnace or is near the electrical panel, call 1-800-434-1235 to have your power disconnected. If any water damage to electrical equipment occurs, a Licensed Electrical Contractor needs to conduct an evaluation and make any necessary repairs before Hydro One can restore power. 

It is critical to ensure that you and your family are of the prepared in case of an extended power outage. An emergency preparedness kit should include:


  • Water (recommend 2L per person/day) 

  • Canned or dried food that won't spoil 

  • A manual can opener 

  • Cash 

  • Windup or battery powered flashlight 

  • Windup or battery powered radio 

  • Extra batteries for your flashlight and radio 

  • Any medical items you require 

  • Blankets 

  • Candles and matches

  • Remember to never leave a burning candle unattended

  • First aid kit 

  • Hydro One's emergency power outage hotline number – 1-800-434-1235

  • Ensure you have at least one corded phone at home; a cordless phone will not work in a power outage

  • Fully charged cell-phone and portable power bank chargers 

Be sure to keep your emergency kit in a backpack and make sure everyone in your home knows where to find it. 

For more information about how we restore power and additional safety tips visit our Power Outages & Safety Pages.  

Hydro One's Customer Contact Centre is also open extended hours on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and recently opened Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Centre is also open 24 hours a day for power outages and other emergencies.